Probiotics contain microbial strains that promote friendly bacteria in your digestive system and help with issues like diarrhoea and constipation. The health of your digestive system affects your overall body health.
Provitalize is also a kind of probiotic that claims to help you with your weight loss routine. It achieves this by improving your metabolism and providing good gut health. With age, your metabolic rate starts to decline, and thus it may lead to weight gain. Thus Provitalize claims to solve the problems from their root.
But, the probiotic supplement by Provitalize might come with certain unknown side effects. In today’s article, we gave an attempt to find almost every possible side effect this carries with it. We also looked at its ingredients to review Provitalize more precisely.
Excited! Let’s dive in.
What is Provitalize?
Provitalize is an all-natural thermogenic probiotic manufactured by Better Body Co, that can help you with stubborn fat reduction. The formula Provitalize uses also acts as a Natural Menopause Probiotic for weight gain, night sweats, hot flashes, low energy, gut health, and mood swings.
Note: For those who don’t know what a probiotic is, these are live microbial supplements claimed to provide health benefits by producing vitamins, maintaining microbial flora, and enhancing the mucosal immune system. Mostly they achieve it by improving and restoring your gut flora.
Provitalize can achieve it by increasing your metabolic rate and simultaneously increasing calorie consumption by your body. This mechanism helps Provitalize provide an environment that can help burn fat, even without going for workouts.
Some other claims made by Provitalize are, it can help improve your gut health and flora, reduce inflammation and cut cravings, and can also improve your immunity on the go.
Provitalize Side Effects
Besides many health benefits and successful clinical trials of ingredients of provitalize supplements, some users faced some common side effects using provitalize. You should consider them if you have a weak immune system or some serious medical conditions.
Side effects of Provitalize probiotic supplements include:
- Provitalize is bacteria-based probiotics and the most common side effects of bacteria-based probiotic supplements are, they temporarily trigger issues of gas, bloating, and constipation.
- Many people experienced nausea using Provitalize and stomach pain especially when they continued with it for a longer duration.
- Some users experienced dizziness after using this probiotic supplement.
- Provitalize supplements may lead to pain in your head and discomfort in general.
- Also in rare cases, probiotics supplements generally in which bacteria or yeast are found can increase the risks of infections in some individuals (7,8,9).
- The Better Body Co. strictly suggests that this supplement is not a substitute for any medicine and thus must not be used to treat any condition.
- Some ingredients of Provitalize prebiotics may cause adverse reactions. So, do not consume if you are allergic to any of the ingredients listed on the labels.
- For women who are above 30, the primary use of provitalize supplements is never recommended.
Ingredients Making Provitalize
The side effects of any supplement come from the ingredients it uses. So, before knowing the side effects of Provitalize, let’s review its ingredients profile.
Provitalise is made from 3 key components which are clinically tested for weight management properties. These components are Natural Boosters, Probiotic Strain, and Herbal Ingredients. Let’s break down each component one by one.
Natural Boosters: These are substances that can boost your body’s vital functioning through natural means. Provitalise contains two natural boosters: BioPerine, and Sunflower Lecithin. These ingredients boost the effectiveness of other active ingredients.
- BioPerine: It’s a black pepper (Piperine) extract that is known to give unique spice to supplements. Its presence in Provitalize is known to enhance the effectiveness of the active ingredient curcumin.
Along with enhancing effectiveness, it also helps with improving metabolism, immunity, and nutrient absorption capacity of your body.
- Sunflower Lecithin: The next natural booster in Provitalize is Sunflower Lecithin. It can help you decrease appetite, lower cholesterol and treat eczema.
Sunflower Lecithin might also be a great addition to improve your digestion and give you healthy skin.
Probiotic Strain: The probiotic strain’s Provitalize uses has been shown effective against improving gut health and fat loss mechanism. These probiotic strains are Lactobacillus Gasseri, B. Breve, and B. Lactis. Let’s see how each one of them is helpful.
- L. Gasseri: The bacteria L. Gasseri is thought to suppress harmful bacteria and aid with improving your digestive system. As per a Korean Journal of Family Medicine, BNR17 administration showed to reduce weight and waist circumference without any change in diet.
The presence of L. Gasseri in Provitalize can also help with epigastric bloating, heartburn, and feeling of reflux.
- B. Breve: The probiotic strain B. Breve in Provitalize has functions equivalent to other gut bacteria. It promotes skin health, respiratory health and can even prevent yeast infection in women.
In a double-blinded controlled trial, B. breve showed to have the potential to reduce fat in pre-obese individuals. This is the most abundant bacterial group in the infant’s gut.
- B. Lactis: The B. Lactis BB-12® in Provitalize can help improve bowel functions, Diarrhoea, and also prevent side effects of other antibiotics used during Diarrhoea.
B. Lactis presence in your gut can prevent tumor growth, aid with improving the digestive system, and also enhance immune system functioning.
Herbal Ingredients: The next group of ingredients Provitalize uses is herbs. The herbal ingredients in Provitalize Probiotic are Turmeric Leaf Extract, Moringa Leaf Extract, and Curry Leaf Extract. Let’s break down the benefits and potential of each ingredient.
- Turmeric Leaf Extract: Turmeric contains the active ingredient curcumin. And thus its extract can help with the management of inflammatory and oxidative conditions, arthritis, anxiety, and hyperlipidemia.
Turmeric also has potent antioxidative and anti-inflammatory properties. Its presence in Provitalize can help relieve fatigue and muscle pain. A study showed turmeric to show positive alteration in your gut bacteria.
- Moringa leaf Extract: Moringa is an antioxidant herb that also includes chlorogenic acid and quercetin. Its extract in Provitalize can help raise antioxidant levels in your blood.
Extracts of Moringa find its use in a wide variety of medical conditions like arthritis (and several other joint pain), stomach pain, high blood pressure, and symptoms of menopause.
- Curry leaf Extracts: Extracts of curry leaf carry pain-relieving properties, and are effective against nerve pain and diabetes when tested on animals. Again its presence in Provitalize acts as a good source of antioxidants.
Curry leaves also help detoxify your body, hinder fat accumulation and burn more calories. Chewing raw curry leaves can help cleanse your body and remove harmful toxins.
Summary: None of the ingredients used in Provitalize seems harmful to your body. Most ingredients are clinically tested for their benefits and some can even help burn calories and fat. Thus overall the ingredients of provitalize do not carry any extreme side effects.
Customers Reviews about Provitalize
There are currently more than 1100 reviews on better body website, with more than 1017 5-star reviews. On amazon too, it’s reviewed 3,000+ times and rated 4+ stars. There are only a few negative reviews on the site and amazon.
The consensus is that their provitalize supplements mainly target the age groups of women between 33 to 44 years. A common complaint is that the product does not work or the user doesn’t see any difference in taking Provitalize and does nothing for weight loss.
Let’s look at some critical reviews and positive ones of customers already using Provitalize Supplements.
“I have noticed absolutely nothing in the way of results. I gave it a good run; 6 months. Zero weight loss, zero tummy loss, just literally nothing. The pills are pretty big, too. And the recommendation is to take 2 a day. I just don’t see any value. Maybe it’s just me, though, because there were so many good reviews”–Willam Sandlin. Critical
“I took this for 30 days and gained 3 pounds, with no change to diet or exercise frequency. I felt bloated and constipated for the whole time I took it. It was not a good fit for me”– Blondie
“I have been taking this since I received it (almost 2 weeks) with no discernible weight difference. I will give it a full month but, so far nothing”– Blythe Luetkehoelter
Menopause has not been fun. Then, I needed an emergency hysterectomy. I eat healthy and exercise but was having a hard time losing any weight. I have tried several products without ANY success. I have been taking Provitalize for 3 weeks and all I can say is wow! I have more energy, sleep better and have lost 3 pounds! I will be ordering more!– Terri Ferret
It works. I LOVE this product. It really helped my hot flashes and weight stability and I can’t afford it, but I’m staying on it anyway. He’s now sharing it with his patients and I’m recommending it to my friends. I found it via Facebook and can say, I’m so happy that I did. I very rarely rate stuff on Amazon, but this product just deserves it.– Laura K. Davis
Benefits of Provitalize: What is it used for?
Probiotics have many uses in our day-to-day lives despite having few side effects. The good bacterial strains in these probiotics help your body to remain healthy and work well. The same goes with Provitalize. They have numerous health benefits for your body in the long run.
Benefits of Provitalize Probiotics Include:
- Provitalize supplements promote digestion and the microbial strains help it provide good gut health.
- The supplement can have several health benefits for your skin. Even several studies (1,2) reported probiotics to have a positive impact on your skin health.
- These supplements may benefit your weight loss program. As some ingredients in it are clinically tested to boost metabolism and also suppress your appetite. Research even says that your metabolism tends to decline with increasing age.
- Provitalize can certainly accelerate your fat-burning process.
- The probiotic supplement can help relieve constipation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and even bloating issues in some cases.
Provitalize Takeaway: Is This Worth It?
The probiotics made by Better Body Cp, i.e Provitalize is helpful for some people while not for others. Still this probiotic can certainly help you with boosting your metabolism, curbing your appetite, and improving your skin health. It’s a bit more expensive than general probiotics, which is depressing for many of its users.
Now, we would love to hear from you. Which is the best probiotic supplement you ever used? If you’ve ever used Provitalize, how was your experience? Do let us know using our discussion box below. 🙂
Was this article helpful? 💡
Adarsh Kumar is the guy behind the growing Health & Wellness blog Health On Planet. He is a 5 years old veteran of the Health Industry with previous expertise as a health writer for several other blogs. He provides his readers with articles about surgery, nutrition, and wellness related aspects.