Superfood as a term is being used everywhere these days. They are making headlines, used for marketing products, and also becoming a part of people’s everyday breakfast. One such company which is gaining popularity for its superfoods mixes in online stores is Your Super.
In today’s Brand Review section, we will review Your Super, a company known well for its superfood mixes. The steps we will take into our account for this review include:
- Having a look at the company’s background and how it started.
- Ingredients it uses to make its superfoods mixes.
- How does it benefit your health?
- Looking into some of the most common and popular products Your Super offers.
- Finally, do their products have any risk factors and complications?
Never tried a superfood mix? Don’t worry, we will help you make the best decision for you.
What are Superfoods?
Superfoods are foods that claim to have very high nutritional density. These foods contain considerable amounts of nutrients in them and have very few calories. They are also believed to be rich in antioxidants, and minerals. A majority of superfoods are organic or in other words, grow from the soil.
You might get surprised to know, to date, the term superfood has no officially accepted definition that can be approved by the FDA. Still, the term is widely used in marketing foods and making several popular headlines each day.
Your Super Company Overview
Your Super is a direct-to-consumer superfoods supplements company that provides natural, organic and delicious products. At yoursuper.com, you can easily shop any superfood mixes you want. They also help you come up with the best superfood mix if you never tried one.
Your Super.Com was started by Kristel and Michael. The starting of this company has an interesting history. Michael grew up as an athlete but that changed when he was 24 and diagnosed to have cancer.
Kristel and Michael had already met by that time. Kristel too remembered her mom suffering from the same when she was 12.
She created 7 unique mixes using superfoods in her home and began to serve them to his family, friends and Michael in their breakfast. Everyone tested the blend and reported to feel and look better. And, thus they decided to share these superfood mixes with the world. And the journey of YourSuper began (Your Super Complete Story).
The company Your Super sells several superfood mixes among which some popular ones are- forever beautiful, energy bomb, power matcha, super green, and chocolate lover. [In later sections we will review each one of them.]
The superfoods from Your Super are B Corp certified and each one of them is completely gluten-free.
Important Note: B Corp certified brands are businesses that meet the highest standard of social and environmental responsibility.
Your super has a good record in maintaining the transparency of how they build their superfood mix. They ensure the quality of their product by sourcing their ingredients directly from the farm. That’s something really good about Your Super.
Why Superfoods from Your Super Matters?
Compared to many other superfoods products (like kachava and Amazing grass), your super has given good transparency on their supply chain and sourcing of their frequently used ingredients in their product.
Although amazing grass has shown how their grasses are grown honestly and harvested thoughtfully they haven’t talked much about their transparency on individual ingredients.
And talking about Kachava they claim that they source their ingredients from suppliers based in the U.S and only work with suppliers who use sustainable growing practices.
Side Note: You can check their sourcing and supply chain and how they prepare or extract ingredients for their product from the about page.
In fact, some of your super superfoods products like ( Forever Beautiful Mix, Energy Bomb Mix, and Power Matcha Mix) have been seen on popular News & Health websites such as People, Women’s Health and Real Simple.
Importantly, many famous press magazine & health websites have talked about their sourcing of their ingredients in their own platform which is something that helped you to trust and evaluate their ingredients when compared to its competitors.
So whether you are seeking to improve your health by adding superfoods to your daily routine or just want to try or get into the superfoods then your super is worth checking.
Plus, if you want to be a first time user of superfoods then you can buy the product or bundle of your super which fit’s your own needs, if you don’t like the superfoods from your super then you can try its alternatives which fits your needs.
Reviewing Your Superfoods Ingredients and Popular Products From Your Super
The common ingredients present in Your Superfoods include- Lucuma, Wheatgrass, Spirulina, Pea Protein, Coconut, Matcha, Maca, Banana, and Chia seeds.
Note: These are not all the ingredients present in Your Superfoods. These are only some popular ingredients which can be recognized by everyone like you and me.
Every ingredient your super uses is organic, meaning derived from nature or soil and also USDA Organic Certified. The ingredients are non-GMOs (non genetically modified organisms), gluten-free, glyphosate-free and plant-based.
Let’s look into the ingredients of some popular superfood mixes by Your Super and do a quality check of each.
1. Super Green from Your Super
This superfood mix is known for its concentrated nutrient profile. It is claimed to improve your immune system, reduce inflammation in your body and detoxify it. Also, it helps to promote healthy digestion.
Ingredients in Super Green – Barley Grass, Baobab, Spirulina, Moringa, Wheatgrass, and Chlorella Powder.
Now, let’s see briefly how these ingredients may benefit your body.
- Barley Grass: Barley grass is rich in amino acids which can help to build proteins in your body. Along with it, barley grass is a decent source of Vitamin C.
- Baobab: Baobab is loaded with polyphenols and antioxidants, which helps to prevent your body cells from oxidative damage and also help reduce inflammation.
- Spirulina: This superfood also has a decent approach to protect your body from inflammation.
- Moringa: Leaves of moringa are rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin B6 and iron content. And it can help with high blood pressure and high cholesterol level in your body.
- Wheatgrass: This superfood is rich in Vitamin A, C and E and also iron, magnesium and amino acid. It can help to boost your metabolism and immunity along with lowering cholesterol level in your blood.
- Chlorella: It is also a powerful antioxidant and keeps your blood pressure in check.
2. Energy Bomb from Your Super
Many people feel very less energetic throughout the day. And for this reason, many rely heavily upon coffee. But, this is bad. Too much caffeine can have several adverse effects. Energy Bomb from your super can be a great alternative for this purpose.
Your Super also promises that Energy Bomb can help you completely quit coffee which is damn good.
Ingredients in Energy Bomb – Acai, Banana, Maca, Lucuma, and Guarana. Let’s see how these ingredients can benefit you.
- Acai: This superfood is known best for its antioxidants and potential anti-cancer effect. They can also boost brain function.
- Banana: Banana as a well known energy-booster fruit is also rich in potassium content.
- Maca: It too helps boost performance and energy along with maintaining hormonal balance. Maca is also known to improve fertility in men.
- Lucuma: Lucuma is used as a natural sweetener and it is in fact more nutritious than most other sweeteners. It helps to control blood sugar level too.
- Guarana: This Superfood is known to enhance athletic performance. It is also used for weight loss and reducing mental as well as physical fatigue.
3. Skinny Protein from Your Super
This protein mix is completely plant-based and designed for those who want to lose weight in a healthy way. Skinny protein does so by controlling your hunger and helping you recover faster after the workout. This mix can help you make you fit and healthy.
Ingredients in Skinny Protein: Pea Protein, Hemp Protein Moringa, Spirulina, and Alfalfa. Let’s look at how these organic ingredients can benefit you.
Note: You can refer to the benefits of spirulina and moringa in the above section.
- Pea Protein: It can be a great vegan source of protein and can fit with any meal. It also promotes heart health and weight loss.
- Hemp Protein: It is also a great protein source and known to improve brain functioning and heart health. It can also help relieve menopause symptoms.
- Alfalfa: This Superfood is rich in antioxidants and helps control blood sugar and cholesterol level.
4. Chocolate Lover from Your Super
This superfood mix is a great choice for people who get too many sweet cravings. This mix can help them end this craving and it is 713% more nutritious than the normal chocolate bars.
Ingredients in Chocolate Lover- Cacao, Chia Seeds, Carob, Coconut and Lucuma. Let’s see how these ingredients can benefit you.
Note: For the benefit of Lucuma, refer to the above section.
- Cacao: Cacao is known well for its flavonoids content. It can help to increase insulin in your body and prevent you from diabetes.
- Chia Seeds: With very few calorie contents, chia seeds deliver a massive amount of nutrients to your body. These are also high in fibre content, thus also helping you with weight loss.
- Carob: This Superfood is caffeine-free and has no fat virtually. It is also a good source of antioxidants.
- Coconut: Coconut is always known to contain good cholesterol (HDL) and healthy fatty acid. It may boost your heart health and reduce hunger.
5. Forever Beautiful from Your Super
For glowing skin, your body needs proper internal nourishment. With this motive, Your Super came with another amazing superfood mix – Forever Beautiful. It provides you with a natural way to get glowing skin.
Ingredients – Chia Seeds, Acerola Cherries, Acai, Blueberries, Maca and Maqui. Let’s see the benefits of each of these ingredients.
Note: You can refer to the above sections for the benefits of chia seeds, maca and acai.
- Acerola: It is a natural source of vitamin and keeps your immune system strong.
- Blueberries: It is considered as the king of Antioxidants. It helps your skin to fight against inflammation.
- Maqui: Maqui superfood has anti-ageing properties. It help your body for proper nourishment of your skin cells.
Risks And Side Effects of Your Superfoods
As every ingredient, Your Super uses to prepare its mixes is USDA Organic Certified. So you can already expect these superfood mixes to have very few risks and side effects. Still, risks and side effects get very crucial to know while researching any product.
Some potential risk and side effects of Your Superfoods include:
- Some people might be allergic to certain ingredients present in the superfood mix. So before using it, make sure you are not allergic to any one of them.
- As your Super is a supplement, its nutrition value can’t be compared with real foods and vegetables.
- Excessive intake of these supplements might lead to vitamins and mineral toxicity.
- These may affect your recovery rate if you are undergoing any surgical procedure.
- Don’t get overhyped with Superfood always. Consider having every food equally. You can even consider making a Super Plate of your own.
Pricing of Your Superfoods and Comparison with Competitors
Your superfoods allow you to choose a variety of products ranging from immunity builder to reduce stress & anxiety in your body.
Depending upon the product, you select the prices of your superfood goes from $34 to $40 each.
Free shipping is not available they charge $5 for each product for one time purchases. If you check out their products you can apply for a discount code or gift cards to lower the prices.
Many other superfoods supplements have similar or same kind of pricing.
For example, if you go with amazing grass superfoods they have a wider range of flavours and products including greens, smoothie boosters, proteins, effervescent tablets to Kidz superfoods.
And each category has its own flavours and subproducts. And amazing grass superfoods are relatively similar to your superfoods all items are Non-GMO, plant-based and gluten-free.
Both your superfoods and amazing grass give you to choose a subscription option to save a 20% discount on each of their products.
Cost Per Mixes of Your Super Superfoods?
Each superfoods mix from your super has a serving somewhat between 20- 40 and as we know that each serving size is 1 tablespoon to 2 tablespoons.
To calculate cost per serving, if we take their super green mix superfoods then the cost per serving of super green mix cost you $1.16. Let’s look at what’s the cost per mixes of some popular Your Super mixes.
|Your Super Product||Cost Per Mix|
|Super Green||$1.16 per serving|
|Energy Bomb||$0.75 per serving|
|Skinny Protein||$1.50 per serving|
|Chocolate Lover||$1.74 per serving|
|Forever Beautiful||$0.87 per serving|
So when compared to its competitors (like amazing grass and kutchuva) your super has the similar expensive price of a serving to its alternatives.
Money-Back Guarantee By Your Super
For an individual product of your super superfoods, there is a 30-day money-back guarantee but this refund policy of 30 days is not applicable if you buy their bundles. So please consider this while you buy their bundles. If you don’t like or are not satisfied with their products for some reason there won’t be any refund.
Prior to your ordering, this 30 days money-back guarantee policy may vary to a different e-commerce site where your super superfoods are available for purchases.
Online Customer Reviews of Your Superfoods
If you take a glance where Your Super Superfoods products are available right now with reviews number showing is amazon & their official website.
Important notice: Here we pick up only two products of your super to see customer feedback and ratings in an account. If we started checking each of their products’ ratings then this post will become more lengthy. You can check the ratings and feedback of their products that fit your budget and needs.
You will notice that at amazon your super products really have a good rating of their products ranging from super green mix to golden mellow at the time we review this. Talking about their super green mix product has a user rating of 4.6 out of 5 in which 79% has given 5 stars and only 3% and 2% has given 2 stars and 1stars.
Here is a selection of reviews of from good to bad for a your super detox bundle which contain a pack of several mi superfood mixes.
My wife and I did the 5 day detox, it was challenging at first but after a couple of days, we loved it. We both felt better, focused and healthier. We enjoyed the smoothies and salads a lot with Super Green and Skinny Protein superfood mixes. After the detox, we had more energy and focus. We’re going to continue eating healthier by eating more fruits, vegetables, incorporating the superfood mixes and working out together more. In fact, we just placed an order for the Ultimate Bundle…that’s how much we love it! We shared and recommended with family and friends. We’re also loving the Chocolate Lover and making overnight oats. So HAPPY to discover YourSuper and the many health benefits it brings.5 Star Review, Jason C.
This 5 day cleanse wasn’t difficult but the smoothies had some issues of taste. Mellow Yellow, although good for you with plenty of turmerics, wasn’t palatable. The greens were Farley benign and Forever Beautiful was tasty for your evening smoothly. I was pleased that this brand did not have any sweeteners or toxic ingredients as so many others do.3 Star Review, Christina M.
This is the worst product I have ever tried. The taste was not something I ever got used to. I did the detox as recommended for 5-days with no benefits whatsoever. I am still using the product as I way overpaid for it. I only tried this product because it is from “real” food. My take away: eat real food, it tastes better.1 Star Review, Margarete R.
Your Superfoods Review – The Bottom Line
Superfood mixes from Your Super is a healthy approach towards increasing nutrition value in people’s everyday meal. The mixes it produces are completely organic, gluten-free and have almost no side effects.
If you never tried any Your Super mix, we would suggest you to go for a detox bundle.
Now it’s your turn. Ever had a superfoods mix from Your Super? How was your experience? Do let us now using our discussion box below.
Adarsh Kumar is the guy behind the growing Health & Wellness blog Health On Planet. He is a 5 years old veteran of the Health Industry with previous expertise as a health writer for several other blogs. He provides his readers with articles about surgery, nutrition, and wellness related aspects.